Job Title: Web Developer
Job Title: Web Developer
Reporting to: IT Manager
Full system development: you will be responsible for further developing and enhancing our content management system, a platform that allows us to control, deliver content & retrieve analytics to and from android powered screens embedded into retail displays globally.
Working in the web framework Laravel you will be using PHP & MySQL to update and maintain the web-based front and back-end system that communicates seamlessly with an android application developed in Java.
Alongside this you will be expected to build and maintain various bespoke inhouse database driven web developments in Laravel.
You will be required to inject vision, enthusiasm, and ownership over the CMS, ensuring its stability and suitability for market. Whilst working with the key stakeholders to define any future development needs and own the delivery of these against a timeline and budget.
• CMS System ownership, development and evolution, ensuring system security.
• Ensure you create and keep up to date system documentation
• Ensure ‘total’ solutions are thoroughly tested including both hardware and software, using scenario, real-life testing and failure analysis. Ensure you are closely involved with live instore trials and support the business teams to solve any issues around software and technology.
• Proactively find gaps in our technology offer and work to fill, developing revolutionary, unique solutions for the retail industry. Build up BETA test rigs to bring feasible ideas to life.
• Manage our CMS platform, ensuring it performs and delivers against our client / business needs, be its owner. Build out data reports on usage and analytical statistics for internal and external use via dynamic interactive dashboards.
• Work with the wider internal business teams to provide support and in-depth knowledge around digital technologies and software.
• Work with the 2D creative team to support on storyboarding to ensure nothing is shown to the client that is either unachievable or cost prohibitive.
• Build and maintain other bespoke web developments in Laravel.
• Passionate about software development and the latest digital technologies
• A great communicator who can get ideas across and manage expectations
• Positive, creative approach to problem solving a lateral thinker
• Process discipline – excellent attention to detail, ensuring compliance and correct completion of all activities
• Good multi-tasker, unflappable.
• Good time management, working in an organised fashion, driven to hit deadlines
Required skills and experience
• 2+ years working in a development role
• Strong knowledge and experience with OO PHP, Java and related technologies (inc. Laravel)
• Database design and integration with MySQL and MS SQL Server
• Android Development knowledge: Java
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• LAMP Stack Knowledge
• Version Control Systems (GIT and GitHub)
• C# MVC
• Setting up and configuring web servers