Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reporting to: Project Director
Objective: To co-ordinate and facilitate the flow of project execution through the business in the most efficient and effective manner.
Responsible for the execution of brand display projects from creative brief through to delivery in store. Working with all internal stakeholders as well as external clients to deliver on time, in budget and to the right quality and service standard. For the role, a strong understanding of manufacturing processes and a good grasp of design is essential.
- Review project briefs with the Account Manager and/or Project Director to fully understand the client requirements, to ensure all correct details are included and all information is complete and ensuring budgets and timelines are achievable.
- Work directly with clients, external agencies and internal team associates as key contact to obtain all relevant project data and deliverables on time.
- Working closely with functional partners, facilitate all aspects of project execution.
- Call and lead handover meetings with supply and development teams. Agree timelines and milestones.
- Create, manage and monitor the overall project time plan with the individual stakeholders to ensure delivery on plan.
- Monitor budget compliance through the life of a project & drive for improvements. Work in close liaison with the Buyer/Estimators, escalating cost increases, to ensure all changes are tracked & cost control is maintained”
- Review and establish team priorities and communicate change to Account Managers / Directors.
- Act as the facilitator working with the team to break through issues. Ensure team members meet deadlines with correct and on-brief deliverables
- Up-issue project briefs and orders via admin / sales and buyers
- Serve as liaison to client contacts, coordinating client needs and requests with the client and other third party agency needs. Report implications and outcomes of project change (pre and post order) to client and across client partners.
- Be able to recommend continuous improvement ideas to the design and supply teams
- Analyse and review project performance with the team to ensure continuous improvement.
- Where necessary manage the installation briefing, with all supporting scoping documentation and coordinate the access, tracking and sign off with the client.
- Work in conjunction with the buying team to ensure quality checks and production sign off is built into the schedule, communicated with the client and is fully documented.
- Quality Management – Good understanding of quality control process required. Working in conjunction with the buying team to ensure quality checks and production sign off is built into the schedule, communicated with the client and is fully documented.
- Installation – work with the buyer to scope out the installation brief, coordinate with the installation company once the work order has been placed, tracking progress and communicate with team and client all the way through.(when required)
- Manage project operations to ensure delivery within the agreed timeframe.
- Monitor and report on budget compliance throughout the project lifespan.
- Schedule and lead kick-off and handover meetings in order to quickly establish a project timeline.
- Accurate reporting on projects to the client / sales / directors to ensure that all relevant parties are kept informed of and project related deviations, delay or other issues.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
▪ 5+ years’ experience of working in Project Management role preferably Point of Purchase Design or Retail Display sector.
▪ Experience of Microsoft Office, including strong excel skills
▪ Experience of inventory management, logistics and distribution coordination
▪ Good written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
▪ Highly numerate and able to analyse and add value to information
▪ Attention to detail and well developed organizational skills, able to multi-task on simultaneous projects
▪ Able to ‘think out of the box’
▪ Ability to work flexible hours, available to travel.