Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Reporting to: Senior Project Manager
Objective: To co-ordinate and facilitate the flow of project execution through the business in the most efficient and effective manner.
To be part of the team responsible for the execution of projects from order placement through to delivery in store. Working with all internal stakeholders and under the guide of the Senior Project Manager as well as external clients to deliver on time, in budget and to the right quality and service standard. Be the glue between the departments to make everything happen.
Purpose of role:
The Junior role is designed to enhance your learning throughout the business and for you to be supported with your learning. You will be mentored and have the opportunity to grow through focused training. The role is approx. a 2-year role by which time we would expect you to drop the junior title be a Project Manager.
• Review project briefs with the Account Manager and/or development Project Managers to fully understand the client requirements, to ensure all correct details are included and all information is complete and ensuring budgets and timelines are achievable.
• Work directly with clients, external agencies and internal team associates as key contact to obtain all relevant project data and deliverables on time.
• To continually look to learn skills required to be a Project Manager from Senior Members of the team
• Working closely with functional partners, facilitate all aspects of project execution.
• Facilitate handover meetings with supply and development teams. Agree timelines and milestones.
• Create, manage, and monitor the overall project time plan with the individual stakeholders to ensure delivery on plan.
• Monitor budget compliance through the life of a project & drive for improvements. Work in close liaison with the Buyer, escalating cost increases, to ensure all changes are tracked & cost control is maintained
• Review and establish team priorities and communicate change to Account Managers / Senior Project Manager/ Directors.
• Act as the facilitator working with the team to break through issues. Ensure team members meet deadlines with correct and on-brief deliverables
• Up-issue project briefs and orders via admin / sales and buyers
• Serve as liaison to client contacts, coordinating client needs and requests with the client and other third-party agency needs. Report implications and outcomes of project change (pre- and post-order) to client and across client partners.
• Manage the installation briefing, with all supporting scoping documentation and coordinate the access, tracking and sign off with the client.
• Installation – work with the buyer and Senior Project Manager to scope out the installation brief, coordinate with the installation company once the work order has been placed, tracking progress and communicate with team and client all the way through.
• Manage project operations to ensure delivery within the agreed timeframe.
• Schedule and lead kick-off and handover meetings in order to quickly establish a project timeline.
• Accurate reporting on projects to the client / sales / directors to ensure that all relevant parties are kept informed of and project related deviations, delay or other issues.
Experience, Qualifications & Skills:
▪ Foundation of inventory management, logistics and distribution coordination
▪ Experience of Microsoft Office, including strong excel skills
▪ Good written and verbal communication skills.
▪ Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
▪ Highly numerate and able to analyse and add value to information
▪ Attention to detail and well-developed organisational skills, able to multi-task on simultaneous projects
▪ Able to ‘think out of the box’
▪ Ability to work flexible hours, available to travel.