Objective: To be visionary, lead the IT strategy for our Company, with a particular emphasis on developing and building effective business systems, both for internal and external use. Support the Digital division of our business with software solutions and hardware that keep our business progressing in the marketplace.
Reporting to: Executive Chairman
IT & business systems are key to the efficient running of our business. You will be responsible for our entire business systems, IT infrastructure & in-store digital delivery, ensuring; user needs are understood, solutions are current, robust and user friendly. This is a management role with a team consisting of an IT systems controller, systems developers and external resource as required to deliver the right solution for the business.
- Identify strategic systems opportunities and build out business case proposals for development.
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse system requirements and write functional specifications to deliver the projects.
- Seek to understand how services, business activities and strategies create value for the customer or end user and assign overall development priorities.
- Support the day to day running of our systems and IT infrastructure ensuring issues are dealt with in a timely manner
- Hands on development as required to support and solve issues and deploy systems.
- Supporting our digital division with hardware and software solutions to deliver a suitable in-store experience for our customers. Providing solutions in both Android and Windows OS.
- Ensuring hardware intended for retail environments, is suitable and adequately tested for use in-store.
- Ensure general business continuity and cyber security.
- Clearly manage budgets, timelines and people
- Build project plans and manage the systems solution from conception to completion ensuring projects are delivered on-time and to budget
- Ensure each system is correctly documented and keep up to date with changes and new releases.
- Work with a network of internal and external developers to ensure best cost solutions are found for the business
- Integrate and test the systems before release to the wider business, including key user, scenario and failure analysis are carried out ensuring systems are robust and ready for use.
- Strong business systems development skills
- Clear communicator, excellent organisational, planning and time management skills with the ability to work well with others.
- Process discipline – excellent attention to detail, ensuring compliance and correct completion of all activities
- Strong management aptitude, proactive, can do attitude, self-motivated
- Experience of SQL, SQL Server and Microsoft environments
- Experience of C# .NET web development technologies and Java
- Experience of HTML5 / web development
Education & Experience
- Hands on experience of software development or detailed understanding of key system design principles
- Proven experience in waterfall, agile/scrum development approaches and software development life cycle
- Proven IT management, business analyst or project management skills
- Degree or equivalent qualified
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role