Job Title: Finance Director
Reporting to: Executive Chairman
The client is a leading point of purchase (“POP”) company operating throughout UK and more recently in the US. The client source products from the UK, Eastern Europe and China.
The client is looking to hire a Finance Director who will take over from the incumbent who, after 30 years’ of service, working more recently as Finance Director and Executive Chairman is seeking to spend more time focussing on the later responsibilities.
The business has shown a strong period of commercial and financial growth which means that the business has doubled profits each of the last year four years. Turnover for FYE December 2022 exceeded £33m and EBITDA was above £5.5m
This creates the opportunity to hire a new Finance Director who will work closely with the Executive Chairman through a handover period but will then be expected to assume full responsibility for all financial aspects of the company’s business.
This job will involve (amongst other responsibilities) devising and implementing a clear Finance strategy for the business’s growth and performance, implementing the right structure(s) and managing and developing the right team to deliver this.
There will be a big focus on analysing business performance and developing the systems to do this. This will also include advising the Board and Senior Management Team on these findings and implementing recommendations to achieve the most profitable results for the business.
The business is part owned by YFM, a leading SME private equity investor. There are monthly board meetings and there will be a requirement for the Finance Director to prepare the monthly accounts, commentary and variance analysis as well as present to the Board.
The Finance Director will be accountable for the day-to-day Finance operations and long-term Financial strategy of the business. This will include:
- Leading and developing a team of finance professionals covering Billing and Collections, Accounts Payable, Financial Control and Financial Planning & Analysis
- Presenting financial reports and analysis to executives, board members, investors, and other stakeholders
- Running the annual budgeting process and tracking key performance indicators
- Providing leadership, decision making and advise for all finance related decision making
- Supporting the business through change and growth periods, coordinating corporate finance, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions, as appropriate
- Advising the Board and Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial performance.
- Providing the MD with core information relating to the financial performance of products, teams and regions. Provide challenge and support to the MD
- Assessing and evaluating key drivers of the business with the goal of helping the company improve its performance
- Ability to identify and drive efficiencies; ensuring they improve the bottom line
- Ensuring the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
- Developing and implementing robust financial systems.
- Forging strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Leading and motivating the finance team. Preparing annual statutory accounts. Liaise with auditors and preparing audit packs
- Controlling all financial and accountancy matters including month end reports, management accounts, cash flow management, statutory accounts, tax returns, compliance, presentation of management information and KPIs
Qualifications / Background:
- Fully/Part qualified (ACCA/ CIMA / ACA)
- 7-10 years minimum experience in senior Finance role
- Experience of M&A either in selling or acquiring businesses (or both)
- A hands-on leader willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is necessary to ensure the Company’s success
- A good “team player”. Able to fit into a young, vibrant organisation that is growing. This individual will fit right in and want to grow with the business and be part of this team’s success
- Exceptional commercial acumen and business knowledge
- Excellent written and communication skills with people at all levels and an ability to influence
- Pro-active, decisive, adaptable with an ability to manage high levels of pressure
Job Location: Baldock, Herts.