Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting to: Business Development Director (BDD)
Objectives: Be instrumental in helping client deliver against its growth ambitions.
Find, exploit and deliver new client opportunities to client, using your network and any other sales techniques that you think appropriate.
DO NOT get caught up in operational process and project details, stay focused on the bigger goal.
Create the right targets to support strategic direction of the company
Use various supporting client tools) as well as experienced colleagues to present and showcase our business effectively in order to help win new business opportunities and ultimately sales.
Set the forecasts and budgets with the MD / BDD and be able to report on a regular basis and highlighting potential over or under achievements.
Winning New Clients:
- Determine the right clients for us to target
- Push client into new sectors and categories and drive our business forward
- Develop and use your network to achieve for incremental opportunity
- Get on the phone and make it happen
- Use client mapping as a way of knowing who to influence and influence them.
Developing New Clients:
- Understand client’s strategic objectives relevant to display and merchandising
- Determine budget holders, decision makers, influencers, supporters
- Create opportunity for Senior Management representation within accounts.
- Help determine right service levels appropriate to client’s needs for the go forward position.
- Be key in the hand over process, different clients may be at different stages
Preparing regular updates of forecast:
- Overview report highlighting change
- Review business against plan by client by quarter
- Incremental business options and potential threats
- Flag priority projects with plan for conversion
- Review resources – over or under capacity
Working with cross functional teams:
You will work as part of a team of people who will be there to support any new business efforts, this will include a project manager, a buyer and designers as well as admin support.
- Develop clear, comprehensive client briefs with pre-defined objectives, target costs, timelines, key dates, etc. for execution by your team through project manager
- Hold regular project updates with the team.
- Create monthly project update for presentation to wider sales team
Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years experience of working in Sales role preferably within POP, Store Fixture or Retail sector.
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office.
- Strong track record of successful client development and new business conversion with Global brands and retailers
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, available to travel.
TO APPLY for the position of Business Development Manager please fill out the form below or quote BDM and email your full CV details to us. All personal information is held in the strictest confidence and will not be shared with any organisation without your express permission and consent.