Reporting to: Sales Director (SD)
Be instrumental in helping the company deliver against its growth ambitions.
Find, exploit, and deliver new client opportunities to the company, using your network and any other sales techniques that you think appropriate.
DO NOT get caught up in operational process and project details, stay focused on the bigger goal.
Create the right targets to support strategic direction of the company.
Use various supporting Displayplan tools as well as experienced colleagues to present and showcase our business effectively to help win new business opportunities and ultimately sales.
Set the forecasts and budgets with the MD / SD and be able to report on a regular basis and highlighting potential over or under achievements.
Winning New Clients:
- Determine the right clients for us to target.
- Push Displayplan into new sectors and categories and drive our business forward.
- Develop and use your network to achieve for incremental opportunity.
- Get on the phone and make it happen.
- Use client mapping as a way of knowing who to influence and influence them.
Developing New Clients:
- Understand client’s strategic objectives relevant to display and merchandising.
- Determine budget holders, decision makers, influencers, supporters.
- Create opportunity for Senior Management representation within accounts.
- Help determine right service levels appropriate to client’s needs for the go forward position.
- Be key in the hand over process, different clients may be at different stages.
Preparing regular updates of the sales forecast:
- Overview report highlighting change.
- Review business against plan by client by quarter
- Incremental business options and potential threats
- Flag priority projects with plan for conversion
- Review resources – over or under capacity
Working with cross functional teams:
You will work as part of a team of people who will be there to support any new business efforts, this will include a project manager, a buyer, and designers as well as admin support.
- Develop clear, comprehensive client briefs with pre-defined objectives, target costs, timelines, key dates, etc. for execution by your team through project manager.
- Hold regular project updates with the team.
- Create monthly project update for presentation to wider sales team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 7+ years’ experience of working in Sales role preferably within POP, Store Fixture or Retail sector.
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership and management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong track record of successful client development and new business conversion with Global brands and retailers
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, available to travel.