To work with sourcing
manager across all areas relating to the sourcing and supply of items required by
the business including but not limited to:
- Understand and align targets with client’s long term goals and strategies
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Ability to negotiate hard and sustain networking relationships.
- Identification of potential and new suppliers suitable for current and future client business needs.
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
- Support the generation and implementation of efficient sourcing and category management strategies
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
- Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
- Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
- Determine quantity and timing of deliveries
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the client brand is protected and presented in the best possible way by our vendors.
- You will be key in driving the strategic procurement of a wide range of production commodities for internal manufacture and the identification and delivery of outsourced component manufacture.
- You will be a key member in new projects/products (NPD/EPI) – requests for new parts/sources for new projects.
- You will work to develop new suppliers including sourcing parts from low cost countries (LCC)
- You will be involved in the management of delivery performance of a range of suppliers, ensuring that supplier’s performance is monitored, and corrective actions are taken as necessary
- You will work with cross functional stakeholders to ensure we get products from design to delivery.
- The role will have a ‘hands-on’ and direct approach to support the continued growth of the business
- Within this role will you will be a key member of the operations group tasked with driving value added products to our blue-chip clients
- Travel to new and existing vendors will be required from time to time.
- Ensuring that safe working practices are met and in line with all legislative requirements
- Understand and promote the company’s Health & Safety policy
- Highlight departmental risks and hazards as identified and inputting to business process changes as appropriate
Competencies and Experience
- Proven work experience in a senior role in sourcing & procurement.
- Experience with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement
- Strong project management and leadership skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analysing and interpreting data
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions
- BSc degree in procurement, supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- An understanding of manufacturing drawings would be an advantage
- Driven, energetic and professionally ambitious
- Have great relationship management skills
- Have a Strong sense of urgency
- Have Strong negotiation skills
- Have Impeccable time-management
- Be a strategic thinker
- Self-starter, independent and self-sufficient but happy working within a small team
- Solution orientated
- Consider Change as positive
This Job Description indicates the main responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive statement. It may be the subject to review and may be amended from time to time, at which point a revised Job Description will be re-issued.
TO APPLY for the position of Assistant Sourcing Manager please fill out the form below or quote ASM and email your full CV details to us. All personal information is held in the strictest confidence and will not be shared with any organisation without your express permission and consent.