Responsible for developing and managing business opportunities via relationships with client managers and senior management. Support regional team leaders and find regional and global program opportunities. Direct team to deliver the best possible solutions.
Being the senior “face” of the team working with the senior leadership team within the clients, defining the client specific strategies and helping them deliver against their retail goals whilst at the same time ensuring the organisation as the long term supplier of choice.
In role it is your responsibility to ensure that the teams adopt the right approach to reach the best commercial for both the client and ourselves, whilst knitting together the various markets regionally and globally.
Work with the Sales Director and the team Program Managers / Project Managers to deliver monthly and quarterly Core Sales targets at the right margins. Reporting major change in plan at earliest opportunity and developing options to ensure adherence to budget.
- Responsible for top-to-top relationship management across all client teams involved with our work.
- Lead and direct team as needed to deliver programs. Identifying project opportunities and direct actions appropriately.
- Key strategic thinker and direction setter for large (£4,000,000 plus) clients.
- Working with Senior PMs and/or Program Managers to ensure PM resources effectively manage client trade marketing and merchandising staff.
- Lead team in delivering excellent project processes and outcomes. Assess whether the right commercial decisions are being made and make recommendations to improve end results commercially, strategically, tactically.
- Lead and challenge the cross functional team behind their decision making and test thinking to ensure long term sustainable growth
- Use the marketing function effectively to help solidify our position within the global account and team.
- Be the spokesperson for the organisations’ tools and latest innovations within your account to ensure that best practise is brought in and shared around.
- Preparing weekly / monthly updates on forecasts along with overview report of business movement, incremental opportunities and threats. Report and update management team as needed.
- Network and attend conferences, exhibitions and seminars to widen your experience and mind so that you can relate to senior client and business management.
- Network at the highest possible level within your client, building relationships and levels throughout. Man marking various client levels with employees so that we are connected in the best possible way at all levels.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a sales role preferably within POP, Store Fixture and/or global brand companies
- International experience with brands required—minimum sphere of knowledge is EMEA.
- Demonstrate ability to manage £4million or larger client
- Proven ability to grow business that is within your area of responsibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office.
- Good interpersonal and motivational skills
- Available to work flexible hours and travel internationally (including beyond Europe).